Monday, April 8, 2013

Crayola


People are always telling me I have too many emotions.
But I wonder if they’d say that if they saw colors like oceans.

There are hundreds of colors out there for all to see,
And I wonder if you ever ask yourself what color you would be.

My father is red, always angry and yelling,
And my mother is blue, passive and underwhelming.

My older sister is green, envious of her friends,
Getting married while she’s still living end to end.

My little sister is yellow, still innocent and new,
She’s young enough to believe that dreams can still come true.

If I had to pick a color, I’d say I’m like a grey,
Just trying hard to smile as I go from day to day.

But some days I’m red, or blue, or even black.
And there are days that I pray the yellow will come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment