Monday, April 8, 2013

Blank Canvas


Use my body as your canvas: paint me black and blue.
Fill me in with shades of green, until I look pretty to you.

Use my body as your canvas, carve patterns into me.
Design me into the woman that you desire me to be.

Build me up to tear me down, help me when I fall.
Then kick me to remind me, I’m only five feet tall.

Don’t let me get ahead of myself, remind me of my place.
Listen to my dreams, and then laugh right in my face.

Make sure I always realize, I’m nothing without you.
Order me down to the ground, make me kiss your shoe.

Remind me why you love me, tell me that I’m smart.
Just keep me coming back to you, try not to break my heart.

I’ll follow all your orders, I’ll let you take the lead,
You’re no knight in shining armor, you don’t have a faithful steed.

You’re bitter and you’re mean, you’re heartless and you’re cruel,
But I’m the one who sticks around, I guess that I’m the fool.

Still there’s something good about you, I can see it in your eyes,
It’s buried underneath all the cheating and the lies.

Just knock me down to the ground, just cast another stone.
Tell me that I’m worthless, I deserve to be alone.

Body bruised and spirits broken, I’ll lay right at your feet,
Our love song is not beautiful, it might not sound so sweet.

Just between you and I, the pain I’ll always bear.
I cannot imagine a life worth living, if you aren’t there.

No comments:

Post a Comment