Monday, September 30, 2013

Untitled

My name is Ria, and I have a problem.
See, I wear my insecurities in the form of oversized hoodies.
I don't binge and purge; instead I focus on doing the same with my words.

Each pants size I go up is binding,
Each shirt size constricting.
I feel like I'm suffocating.

I wear my insecurities in the form of DD boobies.
Put on v-necks to show off my assets,
some of the only things people think are worth seeing.

I wear my insecurities in the form of blue eyes the color of rubies.
But you would never notice them staring at my boobies.
You wouldn't recognize the sadness behind every smile,
or the self doubt in every hello.

Do you know what it feels like to never feel comfortable in your own skin?
To feel like you can never wear clothes, because someone is always making fun of you?
"Just because it zips doesn't mean it fits." 
"Fat girls can't wear skinny jeans."
"Muffin Top isn't cute."
Don't you think we know?

So this is me saying Hello.
I am Ria, the female embodiment of insecurity.

The girl always hiding behind a hoodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment